In the 1920s and 30s, the Black Swan House became an important centre of the federal life, with a number of guilds, civic associations and corporations. A kosher cafeteria was established in the Jewish community in Prague with a theatre hall for cabaret was established in the courtyard after 1945 there. After November 1989, the dilapidated house in restitution returned to the original owners, who subsequently sold it to the current owners. The old house was demolished and a modern building was built in 1998. The name Black Swan refers to the neighbouring building, the White Swan department store. The main façade is deliberately slightly rounded to preserve something of the original house.