Kostelní náměstí with the parish church of St. Peter and Paul is Broumov’s counterpoint to the Benedictine monastery. There were several houses standing on the site of the current staircase and benches until the 1950s. Originally, the Baroque wooden parish church was built at the very beginning of Broumov by the Abbot Sartorius after the Thirty Years’ War, with a cemetery encircling the church until the middle of the 19th century. Several tombstones from the 16th and 17th centuries have been preserved in the church and its walls. The former fortification tower situated next to the parish building and forming part thereof used to protect the outlet gate to the baileys under the parish church. In the lower part of the tower there used to be an ossuary with a fresco reminiscent of the Last Judgement from the 14th century. Hradební Primary School was built in 1883 as a kindergarten for boys. There was also a school for girls dating back to 1910, when one of the largest construction projects of the city was completed prior to the First World War based on a project by the builder F. J. Wild from Broumov. The General and City School was built opposite the parish church, the modern-day Broumov gymnazium.