Dr. Edvard Beneš Square
The origin of Dr. E. Beneš Square was not as a square at all, but only a space in the loop after the former German House, which was destr oyed during the bombing in 1945 and then r emoved. The City Hall of Moravská Ostrava and Přívoz moved here in 2014. Opposite the town hall is one of the most famous Ostrava cafes – Elektra. It is located in the building of the former Mining House, which was declared a cultural monument in 1992. The square was renovated in 2017, with its tiles being replaced and the fountain being repaired.